Updated: March 30, 2021
Dear Oasis Family Member,
As many are aware that NYDOH has released new guidance on visitation in nursing homes. Oasis is preparing to begin visitation BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call Samantha at (631) 878-4400 extension 8105 to schedule your visit.
- Visits will be outdoor, weather permitting.
- All appropriate infection control and prevention practices will be adhered to during visitation. Visitors must wear and mask and practice hand hygiene.
- Visits will be scheduled for 30 minutes to help ensure all residents are able to receive visitors.
- Visits will be Monday – Friday
- Residents who are on a 14-day quarantine, a new admission or shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to have in person visitors. FaceTime or window visits can be arranged. Please contact the Therapeutic Recreation department.
- The facility encourages visitors to be tested on their own prior to coming to the facility.
- The facility will offer rapid testing to anyone who wants to be tested,
- Visitors will not be required to be tested or vaccinated (or show proof of such) as a condition of visitation. This also applies to the representatives of the Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsmen and protection and advocacy systems.
- Visits for compassionate care, such as an end-of-life situation or a resident in decline or distress are permitted for any resident (Vaccinated or unvaccinated).
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have a question or concern.
Andrea Serie, MPA LNHA